How To Prepare For Laser Hair Removal | Tips and Tricks
By SDK-admin | Oct 7,2019
To prepare for laser hair removal the following must be done:
• Don’t tan before a treatment (sunburns might make it uncomfortable and can pigment the skin)
• Shave 24 hours before the appointment
• Avoid direct sunlight 12 hours before treatment
• Don’t drink coffee before if you get nervous easily (laser hair removal is not scary but people tend to overthink it)
• Make sure you know what day your appointments on so you don’t forget to shave
• Don’t pluck or wax the areas that you are going to get laser treatment on
• Remove any makeup or do not use any makeup or creams the day off
• Have fun! Laser hair removal isn’t scary and if you follow these tips you will be hair free in no time.
Now that we have gone over how to prepare for laser hair removal.
Let’s go over some tips that will not only help you through the treatment but make it as easy and pain-free as possible.
Laser Hair Removal Tips
Make sure you have done your research. Typically, the best results with laser hair removal are done with people that have fair skin and dark hair.
This doesn’t mean that results are not possible with blonde red or any other color hair. It just means that it may take more sessions to get the results you want if your hair is lighter and your skin is darker.
Avoid removing hair from its roots before treatment. What does this mean? This means do not pluck or wax before as laser appointment.
The aim of the laser is to target the hair follicle and eventually destroy it and if the root isn’t there then there would be nothing to target and the procedure would be less effective.
Furthermore, another tip that would be very useful to know before your laser appointment would be to Shower before your appointment.
This will make the treatment more effective as it will wash away all the makeup, dirt and oils from the skin allowing the lasers to penetrate the follicle more directly.
Good Practices Before Laser Treatments
Some good practices before each of your appointments include:
• Following up with your laser hair removal clinic or Medspa to make sure your appointment is when you think it is.
• Ask or call your laser hair specialist with any questions you might have before the laser session.
• Shave treatment area 24 hours before appointment (if you forgot to do this step, no worries just shave the treatment area before you go in for the laser treatment.
• Show up early so that you can ask questions before treatment starts
• If it is your first-time getting laser you can ask the laser technician to make the laser less powerful so it is less uncomfortable on the skin
• Lightly pinch yourself in the arm. That is about the equivalent to how much laser hair removal hurts.
Preparing For Laser Hair Removal
That was our overview of everything you need to do to prepare for your first laser hair removal appointment.
Laser hair removal is a very simple process and we know after your first appointment you won’t be able to wait to get another!
If you are interested in getting laser hair removal and are in the Ohio area Check out Skin Deep Laser Spa.